Imagine my surprise upon opening my e-mails to see that I won an award, and not just any old award, the Liebster Award, it’s passed from one blogger to another. I got an e-mail from Edwina Smith from Life of Stuff to tell me she had nominated me for the award – thank you kindly Edwina. It’s nice to know someone reads my little old blog!
The Liebster Award is a chain-award that bloggers give to fellow bloggers all in the name of discovering new blogs and spreading the good word. It must have originated in Germany as ‘Liebster’ is the german for favourite.
So what are the rules to receiving a Liebster Award?
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
4. Write 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Present/nominate a Liebster blog award to 3-5 other bloggers.
Eleven Random Facts about me:
1. I love music.
2. I have a tattoo.
3. Some of my favourite movies are from the 80s – Ferris Bueller; Say Anything; The Breakfast Club; Dirty Dancing; Baby Boom.
4. My guilty pleasure is watching reality shows with a competitive element – be it X-Factor, The Voice, Strictly Come Dancing, Great British Bake-Off to quiz shows like The Million Pound Drop – count me in.
5. I have a lot in common with my two nieces – we love the same movies, music, tv shows – basically I’m a kid at heart.
6. I love bubble baths and candles.
7. I am pretty smart but equally ditsy – I like to think I hide it well!
8. I was a diner on The Restaurant – the one with Enda Kenny.
9. My sister is also my best friend.
10. I don’t do well with change.
11. I’m a homebird – love to travel but the best part is coming home!
Answer Eleven Questions:
1. What time of the day do you blog most?
Evening time mostly – I am a night owl but also I work full-time so don’t really have the time until evening.
2. What’s the most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
Liver – mum used to try to get us to eat it when we were little as dad loved it but we rebelled.
3. Where can you see yourself living when you retire?
A cottage by the sea.
4. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
I am a terrible liar – it’s actually one of my pet peeves that I am incredibly honest. Am willing to take lessons! I think the biggest lie I ever told was when I was about three or four I told the lady who used to take care of us that we were moving into a really big house. I was better really at telling stories rather than outright lying!
5. Name a pet peeve about your partner?
No partner therefore no pet peeves!
6. What’s your favourite ice-cream?
Vanilla – am a traditional girl.
7. What song do you probably know all the words to?
Fields of Athenry
8. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
Five….kiss chasing was rife in primary school!
9. Where would you like to go on holidays?
Somewhere sunny…would love to go on a safari in Africa.
10. What’s the smelliest thing you’ve ever smelt?
Rotorua in New Zealand….smelled like rotten eggs.
11. Panda Dog … right or wrong?
Right….what could be wrong about combining a cute panda with a dog!
Write Eleven Questions for your Nominees
1. Where do you get inspiration for your blog?
2. What’s your favourite movie?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you pick?
4. Who do you admire most?
5. What’s your first memory?
6. If you could choose either confidence or beauty, which would you choose?
7. What’s the best quote that sums you up?
8. What’s the first gig you went to?
9. Are you a morning person or night owl?
10. Can you swim?
11. What do you like to do to relax?
And the nominees are as follows:
A Little Bird
City of Blackbirds
From China Village
The Dublin Diary